Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Welcome vendor VoXevangeline



Check out vendor VoXevangeline's story:

After graduating from Rutgers University with a degree in Theatre Design, I pursued a career as a rock singer/songwriter, performing in the New York and Philadelphia area with my band, Denny and the Dropouts. You can actually find me on YouTube. I had the honor of working with Andy Wallace, who worked on Nirvana's 'In Utero' and Wally Gold, who wrote, "It's My Party" for Leslie Gore.

A few years ago, I stopped performing professionally but it's hard to keep someone with the creative gene down. One day, one of my closest friends, Meg, suggested I start designing jewelry after she had seen some beaded bracelets I had made with our daughters.

I began doing craft shows designing jewelry from vintage and antique finds under the name of bijou X (www.bijouXstudio.etsy.com). As I continued to grow as an artist, I wanted to expand my skills and designing direction. Voila! VoXevangeline!

Always loving history and antiques, I took some of my favorite vintage things and decided to cast them using the lost wax casting method. And always loving my roots in rock, I decided to give those pieces an edgy look with a feminine feel.

For tickets to this great event, visit http://cocktailsandcrafts.eventbrite.com or purchase at the door!

No comments:

Post a Comment